With the increasing level of technological advancement in food processing and production, it is no surprise that mushrooms are available in different forms. In these forms, people add mushroom powders into their food and make smoothies from mushrooms. However, baking mushroom powder seems and sounds like something intriguing and interesting. In this article, we will review the recipe for Mini Chocolate Reishi Donuts with Vanilla-Beet Frosting as made by the good people at VitaCost.
The Recipe for Mini Chocolate Reishi Donuts with Vanilla-Beet Frosting
Servings: 24 people or servings
Ingredients for the Donuts
- Two cups of super fine almond flour
- One cup of organic coconut sugar
- One-quarter cup of Cacao powder
- Four pieces of organic eggs
- One tablespoon of organic coconut oil or melted ghee
- One teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- Two teaspoons of Reishi mushroom powder
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One-half teaspoon of baking soda
- One-eighth teaspoon of sea salt
Ingredients for Frosting
- Four tablespoons of organic vanilla frosting
- One-half teaspoon of red beet powder
- Confetti (optional)
Process of Preparation for the Donuts
- Get a large bowl and gather all the dry ingredients into it. Mix well for some minutes before setting it aside
- Get another bowl, this time, medium-sized. Put all the wet ingredients and whisk them together. After whisking, put them into the large bowl containing the dry ingredients
- Get a resealable bag and pour the resulting dough into it. Snip off one corner
- In an electric doughnut maker or mini doughnut pan, pipe the dough until you have each well looking 2/3 full. Ensure that you follow the doughnut maker’s instructions while cooking. If you are using an electric doughnut maker, the total time taken for the doughnut to get completed is about 2 minutes. If there is a need to flip, you can flip and allow it to cook for one more minute.
- However, if you are using a mini doughnut pan, you may have to wait for about 10-15 minutes for the doughnut to be well cooked.
- Start preparing the frosting when the cooked doughnut is placed on a wire rack to cool.
Process of Preparation for the Frosting
Pour the beetroot powder and the frosting powder until it turns light pink. Frost each donut and use desired toppings or sprinkles.